View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 01:37 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

I'm pretty sure that the single game strikeout record is the only one that will be broken...and it's not just because Scherzer just got close, either.

The only team that really seems to avoid strikeouts is the Royals...it's just the means to and end for everyone else...just amazing how complacent they have become with a totally wasted plate appearance!

The very nature of the game has changes so much that a great deal of the records listed will never be approached.

It's a lot easier to break a single game record than it would be to break one for a full season or a career...such high level performances just don't last that long.

I guess I could see someone getting four triples in a game and I definitely could see someone striking out seven times, but other than those and the K record, I think it will be a long, long time before the other single game records are broken.

Someone would surely have to fight his way to a five homer game. Neither managers nor pitchers would continue to pitch to such a hot hitter - same goes for 13 RBIs.

I think Scherzer is the best bet to break the game strikeout record and may be the only active pitcher to have a chance at four no-hitters - The Amazing total of seven is too far away.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente