View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 10:22 PM
Tony Gordon

Fanatics bought the March and November Sun-Times shows from George Johnson a few years back. Those shows are still good for card collectors with a few hundred dealer tables. Fanatics also bought the summer Sportsfest show from SCD some time ago. Fanatics pretty much ruined that one. They won't run the summer show when the National is in town. They decided to run this small May show instead of their usual large summer show this year. They announced it would be small. Many dealers took a pass because of the high table fee. I am a regular dealer at the March and November shows and plan on being there in November. Instead of Fanatics, I decided to set up this past weekend in Highland, Indiana, on Saturday, and Milwaukee on Sunday. I stopped off at the Fanatics show after Highland and agree that it was horrible. Both the Highland and Milwaukee shows were better. I heard Fanatics is planning another small show for September. If they come down on their table fees, I'd consider it. Though, there are plenty of shows in the area to choose from. I have to admit, I did enjoy attending three different shows this past weekend.