View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Jon Scanlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Like Jon and you, how would one really know until it is too late?

I mean the flip looks good, the number crosses, etc, etc.

How many more are out there that current owners don't realize are fake?

So, to verify if I am correct, these are real cards but are not in the class/grade the flip classifies them as?

Scammer gets real slabs but puts altered/trimmed, virtually worthless cards in them and fools people thinking they're the real deal?

How would one know if these were on E-Bay or an A/H without being able to put it in their hand, and even then, like Jon, unless you had one to compare it with, with you, you would, in most cases, assume it is real.
Jordan is a fake card. Completely fake. The Reggie is trimmed and when I put a clear ruler across it it is obviously off 1/8-1/4" BOTH directions.

My opinion is they have a PSA 9 Jordan, then it gets cracked and the flip is harvested and reused. The card gets re-subbed (No bullshit Mayo had just received an order from PSA the first day, or at least staged a "fresh PSA order with Hologram cases) and then BAM, another legit PSA 9 flip. and the cycle continues.

I prefer BGS slabs for this very reason.

I had taken a hiatus from the hobby for a while and had no idea that these were even issues, I assumed (stupidly) that anything graded that had matching PSA numbers was good...