View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 05:52 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
How is PSA complicit in this at all, I don't see it. As previously stated the scam is simple:

1) Obtain a real psa 9 from the market place;

2) Crack open the holder and replace the true psa 9 card with a trimmed/altered card of the same subject that appears to be of high quality after the alteration (the flip is a true flip and will match the registry);

3) Sell the bogus card in the cracked holder with real flip and re-coup original money shelled out to buy the original valid card in 1) above;

4) Take the true psa 9 that you still have and resubmit to psa most likely garnering another psa 9 grade and repeat from step 2) above (all funds received from here on out are profits to the scammer);

5) Repeat over and over again.

Seems pretty simple and clear. Am I missing something? How is PSA complicit, heck even if PSA somehow noticed that someone was resubmitting the same card over and over it could be assumed that they were trying to obtain a higher grade.

I can think of only one solution, PSA has to start putting some type of marking on the card visible only under ultraviolet light. Any card they receive for grading with that marking has to ALSO BE SUBMITTED WITH THE ORIGINAL CASE AND FLIP IN ORDER TO BE REGRADED. What do you think of that solution?
Invisible or not I cannot imagine people are ready for PSA to be putting a marking on their cards.