View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 12:04 PM
David Levin

Yes, it is/was an exciting find. First, I will thank David Cicotello, he spotted a listing on facebook. A family in Windber Pa, which has a small Museum and a farm house that has been in the family for generations since the late 19th century owned these cards. Patricia Shaffer and her family owned these cards and apparently they were in the basement in an old box of Heirlooms for many years, originally came to the family from some in-laws many years ago. I am going by memory from our conversations and asked her to write it down and send it to me. They found these and she put a post up on facebook and David commented on it and then asked me what info I could shed on them, but gave me limited information. I decided to do a search on facebook for Burkett, and found the listing, I then searched for the museum and found some info on it with several phone numbers and finally got in touch with Patricia, the owner.
We talked briefly about the cards, they had no idea how rare they were or what they could possibly be worth and said they did not plan on selling them.... until I mentioned what I thought I could get them for the cards. Patricia and her husband are an elderly couple and told me that the money could not have come at a better time, so every one involved in this deal was very excited and happy.

Thanks again for David for assuring them that the cards would safe and well placed if they used me, she finally send the two cards out last week, I send them to SGC, they Went into graded holders, Burkett sgc50, Davies SGC40 and got shipped off to their new home.

Last edited by gfgcom; 05-29-2016 at 12:08 PM.