View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 12:42 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by autograf View Post
I always find it interesting in the 500 or so auctions I seem to bid in that you can be going right along, high bidder on a lot of items, and then on the last day (or sometimes any day in the auction run), sometimes in rapid succession sometimes as little as seconds of each other, you are suddenly outbid on 3-4 items which are extremely different from each other. Not to call names, and it's a phenomenon I've seen from more than one auction house. I understand if I'm bidding on 4-5 items from a single set that another collector could bid those up in succession, or for very similar items such as sets from the 1960's, but for that to happen say with an autographed card, 1960's set and a mini bat all within a 3 minute period........borders on what I might consider odd. Not identifying any big conspiracy out there....but.....just odd. Anyone else witness similar patterns of bidding out there that kind of make you go HMMM.................?
If you're suggesting the AH is out bidding you themselves on several different lots in rapid succession on the last day of the auction I find that hard to believe. Now if they bid you up to your "secret" Max bid in the same manner I would be much more concerned.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 06-03-2016 at 07:05 PM.