View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 05:31 AM

Default Praise from George Bush for Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I am still waiting for someone to produce a veteran who thinks that Muhammad Ali was a hero. I doubt that one exists.
"Laura and I are saddened by the death of Muhammad Ali, The Greatest of All Time. I gave Ali the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2005 and wondered aloud how he stayed so pretty throughout so many fights. 'It probably had to do with his beautiful soul. He was a fierce fighter and he's a man of peace, just like Odessa and Cassius Clay, Sr., believed their son could be.'
"Muhammad Ali was an iconic and historic figure who thrilled, entertained, influenced, and inspired millions. Americans will always be proud to have been in his corner and called him one of our own.
Laura and I send our heartfelt condolences to Muhammad Ali's family and friends."
# # #
White House photo by Paul Morse, courtesy of the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum/NARA.

I was going to have several responses to your post so I put this as the first one and then realized he didn't serve! but it's a pretty good one from someone you probably voted for...and the ONLY thing I have ever agreed with Bush on!!