View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 10:05 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I agree that the seller should have packed the card better and there's no excuse for crappy packing. But the fact is the card wasn't damaged regardless of the packing. The card was damaged by the buyer. If you're the seller, how do you get made whole too now that your card is ripped (packing issues aside)?
I agree. The seller got it into your hands undamaged, from what you're telling us, so his responsibility, and that of the carrier, ends there. From that point forward, it's a matter of taking personal responsibility for not being more careful.

All cards I've received have had some sort of protection, but I am always very careful to make sure the card is nowhere near where I am opening the envelope. Same when I receive letters, and orders that may contain checks inside.

Just curious, did the lack of protection result in any other damage, like a crease or damage to the corners? I'm wondering if an expensive card shipped that way did in fact arrive completely undamaged. I'd still say you were responsible for the rip though...