View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 04:12 PM
Charles Mandel

Cards aside for the moment, I think each of you would enjoy the latest issue of my magazine, Baseball History & Art. In this issue we have stories about the 1928 Philadelphia Athletics (think Cobb, Speaker, Collins, Mack), Sam Rice and his 1912 tornado that killed his young family, there's a story on the Baker Bowl... Oh, two stories on 19th century stars John Clarkson and Charlie Bennett (including his life after his horrific accident)... Billy Southworth, more "Players We Ought to Know"... a story on making art cards...

In short, there's plenty to read about the guys on the cards you own (or want to own). And it is a pretty magazine on substantial paper. Each copy weighs about a pound and costs me a small fortune to mail. But I digress.

Oh, I also took the advice of this board and include a hand-made Lou Gehrig card with each Internet order. The newsstand copies do not come with the card. Anyway, here is a link to this issue on eBay. There are more photos and details there: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baseball-His...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Thanks, Charles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016 summer cover V2 sm.jpg (81.5 KB, 84 views)