View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 09:19 AM
Chuck Tapia

in 1990-93 I had seat on the old Club Level, which are now all luxury boxes. Back then, there were only 3 rows of seats on that level. Campy had an area to the very left side of home plate for his wheel chair and 1 seat where his wife would sit.

He was VERY gracious in talking to fans and having his wife sign his autograph. My friends have a couple balls and a program signed like that. I never would ask for autographs back then....that was a shame. Our seats were in back of Don Drysdale and his family and the Ross Porter family. Scully would come by to talk to their kids and I was in the middle of it all. It sucked the wind out of our sails when Drysdale died in 1993. I never renewed the tickets after that. When Sandy Koufax showed up after an old timers game, my mouth was agape he was so close. I wanted to have him sign a ball but I was too embarrassed to ask. I had to settle for a handshake. I love reliving those stories. Too bad I can't stand baseball or the Dodgers anymore and won't go with FREE TICKETS.