View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 12:17 AM
je.sse @rnot

I'm surprised how many people are picking the 52 Mantle, the most iconic card in the hobby. It's not one of the cards that has tripled in value in a month with rumors of market manipulation. Historically in any grade it has shown a consistent increase in value from year to year. It's the best card, of the most popular player, from the most famous team in history. Not to mention it's the best card from the first Topps set, one of the two most popular and widely collected sets in our hobby. The card has a lot going for it. Yes there are a lot of them compared to most expensive cards. But demand is far greater than supply in any grade. All hype? Nothing could be further from the truth.

Yes I am biased as I own one, and my collection is focused on Mantle cards. But I believe if you polled knowledgeable collectors which one card has the most long term investment potential the 52 Mantle would win by a landslide.