View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 05:13 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

I needed to find a few cards for a friend of mine, and noticed from his wantlist that he collected "1932 Bulgaria Sports Photos" I knew nothing of the set, but I did purchase a few commons singles for him on the cheap to complete an OBC "trade". These arrived, and in hand I must say they are pretty cool!

As I searched for cheap singles for my friend, I found a seller (out of Germany) who was selling complete sets (seller had two listed) in the original albums, and I put those in my watch list. The set includes a card of Babe Ruth pictured with boxing heavyweight champ Max Schmeling. There are several of these Ruth/Schmeling cards listed on eBay BIN $150-$300.

One of the albums sold, but one did not, and was re-listed and also discounted by 6%. Then my $66 in eBay bucks became available and I pulled the trigger. With shipping minus the eBay bucks $40.69 total from my PayPal.

My original plan was to remove the cards from the album and send the Ruth card off to SGC for slabbing, but I might just keep it as is?

Larry