View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 09:50 AM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Default T205 Bresnahan Autograph. Updated!! Deans Cards😞

A T205 with Roger Bresnahan's Auto down the right side. Problem is it is raw and not authenticated by anyone other than the seller. Can I get some feedback on what you guys think of the card before a trigger is pulled on buying it.

The auction has been corrected. I'm going to just leave this here so you can draw your own opinions on the correction now.

This card has been in our possession for about eight years. We acquired it from an individual, and it was in an old frame, with a faded background. This card was part of a bigger vintage card collection, that contained very few autographs. We did not really pay much for it, so it did not make sense to me why someone would fake this autograph.

At the time, I considered it genuine, and still believe that it is probably is authentic, but it was sent to JSA several years ago, and they would not authenticate it. No reason was given, but I have since learned that the signature is in ballpoint pen - which is a concern. The Ballpoint pen was introduced in 1938, but did not become popular until after WWII. Bresnahan died in 1944.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bresnahan auto.jpg (77.5 KB, 596 views)

Member since 2009

Last edited by T205 GB; 07-09-2016 at 09:33 AM.