View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 07:13 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
not to rain on your parade (and I think Donaldson is a monster) but runs are more indicative of the quality of the offense as an entire rather than the individual player as all he can do is get on base. Now getting on base is good! But if the other players are crap, you won't score as often.
Donaldson, of course, recognizes that as well, as I am sure the other 5 greats on the list before him did too.

I agree, he is a monster! On pace again for another AL MVP award.

Had no idea he was 30 though? Was thinking at least 5 yrs younger.

Donaldson cranked his 23rd home run of the season in the bottom of the fourth inning, becoming just the sixth player in AL history to record 20 home runs and 80 runs scored before the break. The 30-year-old joined an elite class which includes Lou Gehrig (1936), Ted Williams ('46), Reggie Jackson ('69), Frank Thomas ('94) and Alex Rodriguez (2000)

"I think 80 runs has something to do with the guys behind me driving me in," Donaldson said. "The fact of the matter is I feel like I do a pretty decent job on the bases, taking the extra base, stealing a bag every now and then. That doesn't necessarily always lead to 80 runs. Edwin Encarnacion's hit some homers, Michael Saunders has hit some homers, Jose Bautista was behind me hitting some homers. I was on base a decent amount in the first half, so I guess that helps with the success of that."

Last edited by irv; 07-11-2016 at 07:29 PM.