View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 07:21 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
That Robinson was graded a while ago; no PSA hologram. Since the changes to the slab/flip, PSA has, in my opinion, started grading vintage more strictly. What was a 5 before now is likely a 4.

Your card is nice, and I would get it graded, regardless (your Mantle and Mays, too, if you haven't already). Slab the cards to get them protected, and for insurance purposes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
There was a really nice 3 that sold on ebay a few days ago thats better than that 4 in the link you provided and the 3 sold for around 1500.

I would just send it in, but i think its probaby going to be a 3/4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Yours looks like a 4 to me, but you never know. It is nicer than the ebay one in your link. But as others said grading is subjective and standards appear tougher now. I wouldn't be surprised by anything in the 3-5 range. Still worth submitting in that range. I would send it in with the Mays and Mantle soon if they were my cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
The 1952 Topps Robinson is an iconic, visually appealing card. I would say your card would grade anywhere from a PSA 3-4, maybe 4.5, and it would be money well spent.

You could list it here and it would be gone inside of a few hours.

Nice card - get it slabbed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Very nice card Dale. I'd send off to PSA and hold it for at lest a couple years. You will never go wrong with this card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
Nice card, but I'm in with everyone else at a solid 4.
Thanks guys!

In my haste, after I was finally able to get my pics looking like the actual cards in hand (fussy scanner I own!) and being happy with how my Jackie and other cards turned out, I began to compare them with other slabbed cards I seen and immediately thought my Jackie was nicer than that PSA 4 I posted, completely not realizing/recognizing it was an older graded slab.

I do agree with everyone's opinion as I have also noticed, and have mentioned more than a few times, that grading is now tougher than what it use to be.

As far as sending it in, it still makes me nervous thinking about it (Shipping, duty, tx's, the current CDN exchange rate and of course it/them getting lost in the mail) but I have been procrastinating/talking about it long enough that I either need to sh*t or get off the pot thinking about it.

With the current craze going on with cards, I assume all the grading companies are crazy busy but I was also wondering if there is a lull at times, throughout the year, that they aren't quite so busy?