View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 12:20 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Default Seriously Confused - PWCC Again

I sure many of us were deeply involved in PWCC's auction over the last 2 days. Well, I sure was. Bid on lots of prewar and had a hit ratio of about 10%and was surprised at the pricey levels of many midgrade cards. One card that I, and many others of course, coveted was the Ted Williams '39 Baseball RC PSA 8 o/c. The centering wasn't too bad and the rest of the card was gorgeous. One of my bidding strategies has been to establish the high bid and then bump it up for a cushion. With about 2 hrs to go, I decided to place one more bump even though I was still high bidder. I was denied access until the auction was over and assume it must have been felt by PWCC that I was a shill bidder. Those that know me will know that just isn't the case. While I was shut out, the auction continued and I lost the card to a final bid one higher than mine. I know in a post Mastro world all AH's must try to safeguard against shilling and I suppose I got caught in the net. I have bid in multiple PWCC successfully and high a strong regard for the way they operate. John Spencer