View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 05:10 AM

In an effort to continue to document factual evidence and promote additional research concerning these card types, I am going to offer some quick research facts that I have discovered since coming across this post. These relate to the other postcards shown and offered as novelty non-celebrity. In 1906, donkey rides were offered in Central Park, New York City (runaway celebrity?). This card helps to confirm the possible age and location of events. The "improving" card identifies itself as Atlantic city on the lower left. Is it plausible that Atlantic City was going through a reformation at this time and this is a depiction of a political figure? Possible, but it again confirms a location. The last example shows two individuals aboard an aircraft. Aircraft in this time period were certainly popular items. Women pilots would certainly be thought of as celebrities. In 1906, Harriet Quimby (female pilot celebrity) accepted a position in NYC as a drama critic for a popular publication. One of the most popular stage presences at that time on Broadway was William Farnum. Is it plausible that a celebrity postcard could have been made depicting an event related to this? Possible. I offer the pictures below for your inspection. I am only suggesting this based upon the small sample size of examples reviewed to date. Whether these are Celebrity postcards can not be haphazardly dismissed based upon one mans opinion of ear lobes. I would encourage anyone with similar examples to post them so we can flush out other facts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (6.7 KB, 61 views)