Thread: Atlantic City
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 01:34 PM
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I don't see what that has to do with charging people $250 to take a photo with you. Can't you take a photo with a person who pays you to write your name?
A little late here, but I feel the need to chime in on this question from the other side of the table as I've done several signings during my nearly decade in the industry.

If Mariano were to stop and take a photo with every single fan, and the line is 300-400 people long, maybe even bigger, it would literally add 2-3 hours of time to his signing session which would substantially reduce the amount of time visitors could spend at booths, getting other signatures or otherwise use during the day to spend money elsewhere. This, inevitably, would cost everyone involved a lot of money, which, whether you would like to admit it or not, is what the National is all about from every angle.

Additionally there are literally dozens upon dozens of signings each day at all times. Then, what if the first photo isn't great, then you want another, or more than one, its a slippery slope. If you don't like the cost of signers, don't buy/pay for it. That simple.

If you don't like the prices don't buy the auto/photo op, I've passed on plenty of players because their prices were just a bit to high for my liking. I regret only once not buying into a signing. If enough people don't buy it two things will happen:

A. That athlete will substantially drop their price or
b. They wont be doing future signing because no one will want them at their ridiculous prices.