View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
A showcase full of 1974 pinups and 1974 topps comics. Not quite as rare as some of the things listed. But not easy either. There was interest in them but no sales. You are correct though the market is soft on that stuff and hot on the easier items.
That seem the case in Pre-war nowadays. I setup up at a local show today. It was fun but if I didn't have any 50s and 60s Topps my show sales would have been quite a bit slower. I still love pre-war but for local shows I can't "only" do it if I want to have continual decent shows. That being said there seems to be a whole lot of really nice Pre-War on the market right now and I will be surprised if I don't pick up a bit more for my collection soon. I still have no real interest, today, in collecting anything but Pre-War. It is fun handling the cards I did when I was a kid....but they just seem so pedestrian to me. What can I say?

btw, sorry to go a little off topic but the thread is sort of off topic on our front page anyway.....all in fun...And we'll see if anyone posts about some rare post war issues......or heck, pre-war ones too!!

Last edited by Leon; 08-06-2016 at 04:45 PM.