Thread: Curious
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 05:25 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
Why do you refrain from looking at the SMR? I have been working on the 1954 Red Heart set for quite some time. I would expect to pay a premium on the Mantle, Musial and perhaps Snider but the rest I would expect to get at or below book. If I decided to start another set, I would need a price base to gauge what I should expect to pay for the cards in a set. Granted there is a current bull market in some sets but not across the board.
you are talking about cards that go over SMR, there are many many cards that go 50% below SMR....i like to see what cards have actually sold for...if a certain card just isnt out there for sale for a long time and no indication more will be on the market for some time and i see one available, supply and demand...I could gladly 'overpay' and create a new market high no matter what SMR says....plus there is no store called VCP or SMR that you can go buy a card from as an alternative if a seller doesnt want to sell it to you at their stated rpice.... anyway thats why i dont care what SMR is as a buyer...as a seller, like i said thats different

ill pay SMR for any 1952 topps high number psa 6 which i believe is at $210 that is centered decently....what no takers? but its SMR....... SMR doesnt take in account centering at all as well..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-07-2016 at 05:27 PM.