View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 11:40 AM
Jonathan Sterling

I like many on this board appreciate the rare regional cards from the 50's and I cannot believe I was the only guy to notice the Eskay FULL BOXES that Huggins and Scott had in their auction display. (Since John Scott is one of my favorite people in this hobby I hope they do well) There were a number of rare and obscure cards at the national but certainly not displayed as prominently or in the numbers as they would have been when they were a focus of many collectors including myself. As for John Ramirez when I was a kid 13-14 John was one of the guys who would take his time to educate me about this hobby and I am forever in his debt and I am happy that I ran into him at this years national and told him so. Because many of the collectors I met in the mid 70's are not here to thank. I was fortunate to find a full Bazooka box (1968 with Clemente ) on my want list that was in my budget so for me the national was a huge success first for the people I saw and met and second because I came home with a great card. I hope everybody else who attended had a great time as well.