View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 08:00 PM

Default need help/opinion in buying/returning possible fake reggie white jersey

hello,

i am not a big time collector, so i apologize if i am posting this question in the wrong place. I am a football fan and "collect" items from the eagles to hang in my living room. I have always wanted a signed reggie white jersey, but never could find one i could afford.

last week i found one for $500 with no COA but a 30 day return policy. i bought it, brought it to a card show on sunday and had it authenticated by PSA and it came back fake. They gave 9 different reasons they did not feel it was authentic. it looks very close to all my other items i have of him, but assume now this must be fake. i can send it back and recoup the $500 i spent on the jersey, and would just be out the $140 or so i spent to overnight it, travel to and get it checked.

the truth is, i have other items i bought for a ridiculously low price, and i can not whole heartidly say i beleive it is 100% authentic. i can not afford many things, and sometimes am just happy to have it and look at it myself. if this jersey cost me $100 or $200. it would be on my wall right now and never had even tried to have it authenticated.

when i reached out to the seller he offered for me to send it back for a refund. He has told me he doesn't trust or believe psa/jsa and has personally had things signed himself which were deemed fake. i do see this other places when i look online, but do very much see some of the reasons they said they wont certify it.

i told the seller i would consider keeping the item just not at the $500 price i paid for it and felt the cost of the jersey alone (unsigned) would be fair (100 through ebay to 250 straight from nhl/mitchell and ness). his offer was giving me back $200 (costing me $300).

Am i being completely retarded here to even consider paying for this? is even 150-250 to much to pay. i dont know who to ask about this, and I am just thinking on how long i have looked for and tried to find a jersey of his for something i could afford. I even just missed a previously ebayed jersey that was psa/dna for $500 and why i bought this one (i said if i ever got the chance again i wouldnt think twice and risk loosing it).

thanks for your opinions.