View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Jay T.

I joined last year. I can say that it has been a great experience.
Moreso than just the idea of collecting cards, throughout the group there is a large font of knowledge, a passion for vintage cardboard, a desire to complete sets, and a healthy cameraderie.
It is a very active group and it also is a very caring group. Often if a fellow member is in need or just a pick me up, members jump to their need.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to travel much and don't live in the same part of the country as many other collectors, but many OBCers meet up with others when they do travel.

The best part about the club is that it essentially is collecting the way it was meant to be. It harkens back to the days of collecting for the joy of collecting. One would not find a lot of slabbed products making their way back and forth, but every so often one does pop up in someone's mailbox. Moreso, the club mostly collects raw cards.

If there is a trade, it is not a value for value trade. It usually is something that just feels right.