View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 02:27 PM
Tom

Default Turned down??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
I applied but got rejected
Al, when & why were you rejected?? Your name doesn't ring a bell but then again my memory is...um...what were we talking about again?? Seriously, we don't usually out and out reject anyone, so I am curious what happened.

I've been the New Member Coordinator for OBC for the last several years. There have a been a few guys that applied who either never followed through with getting references from OBC members (we require 3), or they were more interested in sharp NM cards, which we don't have. More often than not as of late, guys who don't know any OBC members apply, and then when I contact them with advice on how to search through our database to find a match for a simple swap -as a first step to getting an OBC to recommend them - they just never follow through (not saying any of these descriptions fit you, though. )

The only real rejection I can recall lately was when a dealer wanted to be voted in as a member just in order to be named one of our certified dealers (that's NOT how we choose certified dealers). We had a lot of bad feedback about his behavior at shows, and he was rejected. He then threw a temper tantrum & chewed me out for giving him the news.

Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club. www.oldbaseball.com