View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 02:55 PM
Tom

Default Apply!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer1999 View Post
Hi all,

I was thinking about applying to OBC and wanted to get opinions. I am sure there are some OBC members or previous members here on NET54 and was hoping a few could share their experiences. I wanted to get a feel for the site as I did not want to waste their time and go through the application process if its not for me.

Any thoughts much appreciated.
I can't add much more than what Larry (aka Guru) and others have said about our group, other than to say check out our website at oldbaseball.com to get a feel for what we're all about, if you haven't already.

Two big things about OBC: 1) We make very few traditional trades; most of the cardboard we move is through RAOK (random act of kindness) and 2) If you're OK with "well-loved" cards, you're in the right place. NM condition isn't really our thing, although some members like the dangerous sharp corners.

If & when you apply, I'll be sending you a rather lengthy e-mail explaining things in a lot more detail (I'm the New Member Coordinator).

The best thing about being in OBC? The camaraderie. We're not just fellow collectors, we're friends, all 150+ of us - even if we've never met in person.

Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club. www.oldbaseball.com