View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 05:15 PM
Curt

I am one of those that may have applied in the past and was turned off by the 3 references. I probably didn't recognize 3 people by name at the time, but imagine I have dealt with many members through message boards, ebay and such over the years since I became an online card collecting presence around 1996 or so. Prior to that, I was a card shop or mail order presence dating back to the late 70s. I will admit that I don't particularly care for beater cards though. I don't mind a small amount of wear and I don't need graded cards, but missing portions/rips, heavy creasing, paper loss and such just detract too much from a card for me. I guess the only exceptions would be anything too rare and/or valuable that finding a decent copy would be cost prohibitive.

I do spend a small amount of time online each week at a number of sites to relieve stresses of the real world and slowly build on the collection (mainly through buying on ebay) but don't always find extra time to follow through quick enough on things the way "trading clubs" or sites would expect. My collection is mostly stashed away and hard to get to anything specific due to storage constraints. I would love to be more active with trading, providing scans of items of interest to others, stories, information and such, but just can't find items when the discussion comes up. My ultimate goal of complete access to and organization of my collection will likely never come to be, but if it ever does, count me in!