View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 09:20 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo_mudhen View Post
As the population of PSA cards is significantly higher for any given issue - I routinely search out good deals on PSA slabs and submit to SGC for crossover. The only problem I have is that my successful crossover rate (PSA to SGC) runs around 50% success.

However the resale of "non crossable" PSA Slabs is never a problem. For this reason - I dont crack - just send slabs for crossover.

Note that my collecting interests are post war mid 50s. BTW - I havent seen much difference in success even with the new PSA "Hologram" slabs.

Not looking for flames - just posting my personal experience. In my mind SGC hands down offers a more consistently graded product in a better looking holder.

SGC Gold Club -Not a fan but thats another post.

And therein lies the rub. A successful crossover rate from SGC to PSA is also around 40-50%. It seems like these two companies refuse to accept the others work as valid. You also get the same thing in the art industry. I watched an episode of "Fake or Fortune" where one art gallery said a painting was a Renoir, and their competition refused to acknowledge it as such. It's like these two card grading giants refuse to acknowledge that their competitor is any good.