View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 03:28 PM
ThreadKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
while it is true that baseball draft picks are less of a sure thing, it IS true that the majority of major league players come from the top 2 rounds.

Plus, the way they allocate the bonus pool these days, getting the first pick really can make a difference as you have so much more $$$ to spread around.
with all due respect, a team with the 23rd highest payroll in MLB (out of 30 teams) ain't getting a helluva lot of sympathy from me - personally - by crying poor...we're dealing with fuck!ng billionaires, not mom-n'-pop shops.

have quality scouts, draft well, but *please* - re: the bonus pool, don't insult my (or anybody's) intelligence - playing the "poor me"/us game for individuals/teams that can't/won't pony up for a few extra $$$'s - guess what: I'm a VERY small business owner, and I'm NOT buying the "so much more $$$ to spread around" crap. I gotta do what I gotta do with my (much-more limited) resources, so...

best of luck, Braves - and "Bravos4evr" but - again, with all due respect - I'm just not feelin' the sacrifice/hardship here...

DS