View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 05:27 PM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourStrikes View Post
with all due respect, a team with the 23rd highest payroll in MLB (out of 30 teams) ain't getting a helluva lot of sympathy from me - personally - by crying poor...we're dealing with fuck!ng billionaires, not mom-n'-pop shops.

have quality scouts, draft well, but *please* - re: the bonus pool, don't insult my (or anybody's) intelligence - playing the "poor me"/us game for individuals/teams that can't/won't pony up for a few extra $$$'s - guess what: I'm a VERY small business owner, and I'm NOT buying the "so much more $$$ to spread around" crap. I gotta do what I gotta do with my (much-more limited) resources, so...

best of luck, Braves - and "Bravos4evr" but - again, with all due respect - I'm just not feelin' the sacrifice/hardship here...

DS

what? the bonus pool makes no difference to team payroll. It is set and stone and to go over by more than 5% means losing draft picks in the future. So, regardless if you are the Dodgers or the A's you must stick to your allotted bonus pool money. (this is why bad teams getting that #1 spot and the $$$$ that comes with it can be so important)

It's not like the old days where you could spend what you wish, you go over 5%, you lose your next year first rounder, go over 10% you lose 2 picks...etc