View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 12:54 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
To me the worst problem in America now is nobody is willing to listen to or even consider an opposing point of view. Nobody is willing to even concede that the other guy might be making a good point because it is considered capitulating. You're a loser if you admit the other guy may be right. And the rhetoric and the venom seems to be getting worse by the day.

Here is something I will leave you with: if the other guy has an opinion that differs from yours, calling him an idiot is not cool. You are not solving the problem, but becoming part of it. I really worry for the future of this country.
you're right barry. people tend to watch the news channel that aligns with their viewpoint, they follow and read people online that reinforces their beliefs. if you don't like something or someone you unfollow it, so your worldview intake only strengthen what you believe in and it hardens over time. even tho the world is shrinking with internet and social media lines are being drawn and viewpoints are extremely divisive.