View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerj33 View Post
Having spent a lot of time with this set a few years ago, i am with DaveH, and there really aren't dp and sp, but 4p, 3p, and 2p....and those prices listed are super low for many....a 583 barker for $15? only a beater.

specifically, summaryizing dave's post:

for each FULL 264-card 7th series sheet:

44 cards are printed 4 times - these are the true fairly-easy "double prints" - and we have solid evidence that these are truly 2x rows on each sheet.
22 cards are printed 3 times - these are in between!
11 cards are printed 2 times - these are the true TOUGHIES (including seaver rookie). "single prints"

I don't know why topps didn't just print all 88 cards 3 times across the two sheets....thus they would all be regular prints.
I have been working on this set for a while, and other than the Mantle and Seaver, the high numbers are what is slowing my progress. I'm not too condition conscious, but some of the cards are hotly contested even in less than perfect shape.
I really enjoy reading the information found on this board, and recently found this thread, and the above post has me confused. There are 75 cards from 534-609, yet the post suggests printing "all 88". Am I missing something? I'm guessing there's a simple explanation, but my mind isn't as sharp as it used to be.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Completed - 1967 Topps Baseball, 1969 Greiner Tires Pirates, 1964 Topps Giants

Working on - 1967 Topps Test Stickers - Pirates 31/33 just need the 2 Clemente’s

Also looking for a 1970's Spalding Advisory Staff photo of Richie Hebner.