Thread: PSA 10s
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 01:34 AM
Rob Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
It's not worth it, Rob. If you're looking for the very best eye appeal humanly possible, a PSA 9 is more than good enough.

I think the whole registry game is ridiculous. It's a bunch of people showing off how much money they've spent. Because if you need an electron microscope to find a flaw in a PSA 9 that makes it inferior to a 10, you're doing it wrong. At that point, it becomes a registry score, and bragging rights are more important than the cards themselves.

I'm building the 1975 Topps set in a PSA 8, and I'm completely happy with what I've got thus far. I look at a card like this...

and I'm tickled pink. If one of the corners has the tiniest hint of white, or if the centering left to right is only 52/48....who cares? I could warp back to 1975, and open 1,000 packs trying to find this same card in that identical condition.

I'm very happy to have what I do. It's just not worth obsessing over, to me.
It may be about the score, but I guess I like the competition. I also have the 1997, and the 1999 sets almost finished. Those are the years my kids were born. I hope they like them when they are done.