View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Mark Medlin

I bid using their on line bidding. I had 3 different lots I was high bidder on, but they were not accepted by the auctioneer. My non winning bids were all accepted, but any that I entered that were high bid were not. I don't question the auctioneers integrity at all. I only question there use of the invaluable real time bidding. It seems as though they failed to check what the high bids were on the invaluable site a few times. In particular in the 1947-1966 exhibit lot. 1953 bowman radio and tv lot. And one lot of commons. The software accepted my bid and registered as submitted. But was never acknowledged by the auctioneer. I called invaluable and they stated what I already knew, that my bids were submitted but not acknowledged. I then called Dotta, wasn't expecting anything to change, but wanted them to know about the issue for future. Instead of being met with any appreciation or apology, the woman just proceeded to tell me it was my fault and that auctions move fast. Very poor answer. I participate in many auctions. Have for decades and decades. The fault was theirs and rather than any admission or desire to resolve for future, she wanted to ignore the root problem and cast stones. I will not participate in another Dotta auction.

Last edited by Mdmtx; 10-01-2016 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Fix typo