View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 10:36 AM
David L.

Default I dunno, should I leave bad or neutral feedback?

I'm usually pretty kind in my ebay feedback and have only left two neutral reviews in well over a decade. That said, I'm a bit annoyed at a recent seller.

I spent $180 on some cards from an international seller. The seller left the cards in the soft plastic pages and just stuck them in a soft mailing envelope (most sellers, as you know will use cardboard or some other material to provide reinforcement). There was no reinforcement at all.

It was a miracle the cards weren't destroyed in the shipping process. The original auction scans weren't great and I suspect that some minor damage did occur. I got a pretty good deal though so I can live with the condition they arrived in. I'd also have a difficult time proving actual damage.

The seller I got them from has over 8000 positive feedback, no negative feedback, and has been selling for ages. I contacted them to let them know I thought their shipping was unacceptable. I was polite but to the point.

They gave me a "sorry you were unhappy but this is the way we always ship cards and have never had any complaints." They offered to refund the cards if I sent them back. I don't want to return the cards but I also wouldn't mind warning other potential buyers. If I had seen such feedback it would of given me pause during my purchase.

Am I just being difficult? Should I just let it go or leave some unflattering feedback? Thoughts?

Last edited by david_l; 10-06-2016 at 10:38 AM.