View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 12:07 AM

Hi Mark,

Those are some great cards that you have. I have been collecting Japanese cards since 1979, and really enjoy the challenge and the research involved.

I don't know if you are aware, but the 2 cards directly in the middle of the 2nd row in your scan are from another set that was issued in 1964. They should have a different back entirely consisting of a rock/paper/scissors mark, then a navy blue box with a baseball term written in it, and then a large number on the bottom.

You have cards from 2 different series in your scan, including some great players. Jim Marshall is 4th from the left in the bottom row, 400 game winner Masaichi Kaneda is 3rd from the right on the top, and Katsuya Nomura- 2nd all time to Oh in HRs is in the middle 2nd from the right. Of the 2 1964 cards, Kent Hadley is the one on the right, Toru Mori is the one on the left. Mori is also in the 1963 set, his card being 2 over to the left from his 1964 card.

Let me know if you would like any further information about the cards/players involved, I love talking about Japanese cards.

Jeff