Thread: A photo mystery
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
If the OP's photo is examined closely under magnification, the striations or "lines" that form the image should be able to be discerned.
Thank you for your input and taking the time to help.

Strange thing is though, there are no striations or "lines" in the photo. I know about the "lines" and looked for them with a 40x lighted loupe before purchasing the photo. I have a few other photos and have seen the transmission striations you are referring to before. So I have a good idea what they look like. There aren't any lines on the 1939 WS photo. I should have mentioned this in my original post.

I took some time and looked more closely at the paper caption on the back. Some of the edges are lose and there is more writing underneath the paper caption.

Could it be possible that my photo is an original that was reused in 1955 for a story since the Yankees were about to begin playing in the World Series? Or could the paper caption have been added later when the photo was reused? Keeping mind the dates on the back of my photo. September 26 & 27, 1955.

The first game of the 1955 World Series was held on September 28, 1955.

Thanks again for your help.

Jantz