View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 05:44 PM
Matt

Quote:
What a beauty...how about the dimensions and a shot of the engraved title plate?...what's the pursuit and capture story on that...Sure would like to see a shot of the underside of the base...and especially any markings...Is it bronze or galvano?...looks like a galvano cast but hard to tell without seeing in person...The base is dynamite!!!
Carlton............Hello. The trophy is 19" tall to the tip of the bat and the base is 13" long. It is very heavy and weighs around 18 pounds. The wooden bat is removeable. The plaque reads 'Louisville Slugger Home Run Trophy presented to Harold Little'. There are not any other markings on it. There are 2 small hooks underneath, where it must have hung when dipped? That's my guess. I don't think it's solid bronze, but maybe has an outer layer of bronze? I acquired it from a local antiques dealer about 2 years ago, and I'm not sure where he got it. He had it for a long time and said he had gotten tired of it (CRAZY!). I love it!! Thanks for asking............Matt

Last edited by Kzoo; 10-21-2016 at 05:45 PM.