View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 10:13 PM

I stupidly threw out the entire large set of 1970's Sportcaster cards 11 years ago before another military move. I had them for many years and kept them through multiple moves in the military.

I was out of collecting for years and started to get back into it a little, around 12 yrs ago, but I never saw any info on these cards. I kept them in storage and finally threw them all out in a storage dumpster while cleaning out my storage space before my next move.

A few years later after the move, I started really getting back into collecting more seriously, and I saw some of these Sportscaster cards for sale at a collectable show and was blown away by the prices listed. The Bruce Lee, Babe Ruth and Duke Kahanamoku card prices alone were huge. I'd see just 1 or 2 of these cards listed by a seller at a show and get sick to my stomach as I had ALL of the cards - the entire set of 1500-2000 cards or so (not sure the exact number, but I had everything) every sport - track & field, soccer, baseball, football, karate, boxing, etc....

I'm more sick to my stomach that I did not lose the cards, but threw them out myself. I kept them for almost 30 yrs and then threw them out, in haste, during a stressful military move, just to save space during the move.

Needless to say, I learned my lesson and am reminded of it every time I see a Sportscaster card for sale with a nice price tag on it. :-(

MEB Boy