View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 12:09 PM
BRIAN C0ATS

Default The path less traveled

I chose to take this concept to the "next level". Rather than buying up one card from an issue I am trying to corner the market on two entire sets.

1941 Goudey was my first addiction. It's only 33 cards, right? How tough can it be to finish a 33 card Goudey set? Not terribly hard it turned out. But my OCD was bothering me with all those different colors in one "set". So I decided the natural thing to do would be to put together a Master Set. All 33 cards in all 4 colors. Tougher yes. But not impossible. When I finished that 132 card quest I had all these leftovers from lot buys and upgrades that I though gave me a good start on a second master set. And so on. When the mailman comes today I will have 470 total cards from this set including 22 Bill Posedel cards. 10 total complete sets and growing. No end in sight although I am getting better at letting go of the dogs and just keeping the upgrades. Anybody want to trade?

Now I'm fixated by T203's. Have 69 of them now. One complete set of Mayo Backs and about half a set of Winner Backs. I will likely pare down the extras on this next year. But I said the same thing with my 41s too. So most likely I'll finish 2017 with more than I finish 2016. Fortunately they don't come up for sale often.