View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 02:17 AM
Bob Davies

These displays are fantastic. Two thoughts prevail...

One of the problems I have is I've recently finished my basement in a downsized place (kids are gone). Put up many vintage items, and I'm out of wall space. I couldn't put up cards, photos, autographed items without taking something down.

Second, last night we were at friends house, sitting in their newly renovated basement. Beautiful home, professionally done, and they have a few bucks too (now please forgive the hockey reference, but the thought is the same). On his walls are many autographed and unautographed pictures in displays that he picked up all in one day at Costco. Wayne Gretzky autographed 11x18, Sidney Crosby photos, Gordie Howe autographed jersey... everything professionally framed. And I walked away unimpressed. His wife thought she was telling me something interesting when she said "... and these little hologram stickers show you that they're real." Nothing collected or searched out, all Costco type things. He spent thousands on these photos, so autographed, and others are just multi photo framed collages of Steve Nash, Ali, and others.

Our new basement looks "cluttered" (according to my wife), and while yeah, it is, it is also a lifetime of collecting "clutter".

Not sure where I'm going with this, except I'd rather have my hard to find clutter, than a Bradford Plate type wanna be.

Regards,
Bob