View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 05:36 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
My wife could not tolerate the irregular income. I was a house painter early in our marriage and the feast or famine nature of the money didn't work for her... Full time, where every deal counts as you have a monthly nut to pay would sap the fun out of the whole affair. Perhaps a money making diversion in retirement would work but a full time job with a mortgage and retirement etc. to worry about is ugly from where I stand.
Pretty much my experience in a nut shell. Had Ebay selling as something to fall back on during the recession when nobody was hiring civil engineers. Did it full time for about five years before going back to engineering, and now just do it "on the side" again.

It was great and awful all at the same time. Tough to work from home with the constant distractions, and stressful when the ups and downs of my sales didn't match the more-constant bills. Going back to work full time was a welcome financial relief, and has allowed me to enjoy selling as more of a hobby again with what little free time I have.