View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 09:30 PM
Curt

I sold on ebay for a shop in the late 90s for a while and it seemed I was always getting a few jerks/deadbeats/problem makers in every batch I sold. It was uncanny, as I never listed more than about 50-100 lots at a time. I don't think I ever listed a round of items and failed to have at least one problem transaction. I scattered in some of my own items around the same time and had about the same ratio of grief selling for myself. I am pretty laid back and easy to get along with, but I guess I just attracted deviants!

Aside from not really wanting to get rid of anything, the hassles of the packaging and mailing aspect and now the concern with chargebacks and claims by crooked buyers (I never accepted paypal, as this was all done before it became a requirement), I dread even the thought of trying to sell that way ever again. The reality is though that my kids have zero interest, so I need to get rid of it all someday and I am not getting any younger.