View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 04:21 AM
Glyn Parson

Default I have done it at several different times.

I have done it several different times. In fact it is currently my job, having sold my Employment service. If you want to be successful you can't really collect much because you want to keep all your best product, you should also have either a very deep inventory, a nice wad of cash, or both (ideally). You also sometimes need to cut better deals than you would like and sometimes buy swill just to flip and make a couple dollars. Honestly can be fun but can also take away a lot of the fun you get from it as a hobby. It certainly changes how "excited" you get from a purchase. As a collector rarity tends to excite you as a dealer it is value which are not always one in the same. One thing many have touched on is it can be feast or famine. Being able to spot what to get graded and what to sell off raw is an almost necessary skill in this day and age, if you want to sell cards for a living. So if you don't have knowledge, inventory, and cash and want to became a full time dealer you best have a lot of luck. One final thing sometimes you end up dealing with people as a buyer or seller that you'd tell to pound sand if you were doing it for fun but when it is your livelihood you have to put up with more tire kicking.

Last edited by glynparson; 12-31-2016 at 08:14 AM.