View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmarks View Post
Nice item. Tough panel from a cereal flavor and size that is not common, and then the entire cereal box too. And signed. Pretty unique and good luck finding a price guide listing. Can I ask a question.

That box looks in such good shape. Did at one point it ever hold cereal? I am asking because I was wondering if that is the box that was shown in Scott Bruce's book about the 1960s cereal premiums. There were six boxes featured in the Post Football pages and one of them was the Jim Brown small Bran Flakes box just like this one. It is such a one of a kind item, that I was wondering if it is the same. Scott's book was published in 1998 I believe and maybe 3 or 4 years later he liquidated all the football stuff shown in the book. While I did acquire many pieces, did not win out the Brown box and thinking this is the same one. Asking for no other reason than just curiosity.
Hmmm...That sounds about the right time frame...I came across it on eBay and bid on it because of the Jim Brown card. Someone actually contacted me after the auction and offered to buy it. I cant remember if it was empty or had cereal in it. I got it signed last year....Now if I can just find a complete Bazooka box with the Jim Brown card on the back