View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 04:44 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Sorry for the rant, however I just don't understand why I am met with backlash for simply asking opinions on items. I buy them to keep not to resell anyways. It's not like I'm asking you to buy it from me. I would just like opinions to see if it is worth keeping and I would have no problems returning the favor for items I am knowledgeable about.
You are met with backlash because you represented yourself as asking for very little help...but in fact that is what most of your posts are about.

For many of us we have spent hours and hours and years and years learning about the hobby. For me it is more than 30. I didn't have Net54 to teach me about things..I did it the hard way and earned it. There are no safety nets in antique stores, flea markets or shows. You spend your time asking questions, touching and feeling. You invest the time to learn what the pricing should be before you make a purchase and then make the best deal possible. Sometimes you win and make a great find and other times it turns out to be not so great and you suck it up and move onto the next item.

I can tell you that you don't become an expert on photos or game used equipment because you made a few purchases on eBay. Get out to some local shows and do your own research. Talk to dealers and ask lots of questions. I find that memorabilia dealers are more chatty about their items because there aren't published price guides and grading services like on the card side of the hobby.

Just one mans opinions, good luck to you in your future collecting endeavors.

Jeff