View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 09:00 AM

Default 1983 AAA World Series Baseball

So, I have a baseball from the 1983 AAA World Series (the only AAA world series to ever be played, they changed the name for later years). It has a stamp on the ball that is similar to the majors world series, except it says AAA above it. This game was played in Louisville Ky and I lived near there and went to the game. At the game they had former pros signing autographs. So my dad bought me a ball and I was able to get Mickey Mantle, Bob Feller, Peewee Reese, A. Ray Smith and one other signature I can't make out on the ball. Then, I went home and played with the ball haha... The ball is in fairly rough shape I would say... browning, wear from a bat, and a few random stains... no grass stains though. All the signatures are legible with very little smudging in bright blue ink.

What I am wondering is, has anyone ever seen a ball like this before? Wondering what the value may be if I sent it off to get authenticated. If anyone remembers that game or has any other information about it I would love to hear from you as well.