View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 01:22 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat View Post
Low-ball offers are a waste of everybody's time, just like high BINs are. If a card has an absurd list price and a OBO option, just ignore it. An absurd list price means that no reasonable offer will be accepted, so you might as well consider it to be part of the eBay Museum and move on.

|An aside. How do folks who post things at absurd BIN prices pay their rent? I'm sure it's great when you get someone to bite on one, but in order to live you need a predictable income. The landlord isn't going to wait for your next sale. I would speculate that they only sell part-time on the side, and don't depend on baseball card sales to survive. But then there's Deans, which looks like a full-time operation. So I dunno.|
You know, I often follow this recommendation also, and avoid the absurd list price w/ BO listings. However, every now and then I see that the seller actually accepted the incredibly lowball offer that I would have been happy to pay also. So sometimes, I still think it's fine to go ahead and shoot that lowball offer even if you know you'll probably get rejected or ignored.