View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 01:23 PM
Dan Bretta

I have about 3000 postcards in my ebay store all at $9.99 OBO so I'm not dealing in big time merchandise, but I would say that about 90% of all offers I get are "lowball" offers which I consider less than 50%. It's always funny to me too that I get offers of $3.99 or $5.99 which is odd to me considering that's a selling tactic and not a buying tactic. You want your offer to look better then tack on that extra penny. I will almost always accept a $5 or better offer on a postcard because usually I have less than that into it and I like to keep my stuff moving. I know the OP thinks that not responding right away with a counter offer is rude, but it's also a selling tactic. I have listed some high dollar items that get offers right away and I don't always respond to them immediately because I'm hoping someone will come along and hit the BIN. I have also had some people make offers and when I don't respond right away they go ahead and use the BIN because they don't want the item to get away. And on the flip side I get offers all the time that I counter and never hear another peep, so that goes both ways too.

Also did you know that you can accept an offer higher than your listed BIN price? Last year I got an offer of $11 on a $9.99 postcard, I was intrigued by this and accepted the offer. The lady paid me so I put a dollar bill in with her postcard. I'm not so sure she understood how ebay best offers work.