View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 05:05 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

I use OBO as a bartering platform. Because I remain an emotional buyer, market value sometimes isn't the biggest concern...depending on how much I want that particular item.

I never makes super low bids on items I feel are worth a lot more. Treat folks with respect during the process and you will usually come to a price that's agreeable to both of you.

Of course, my way, the seller usually gets the better end of the deal, but I wind up paying what I still feel comfortable with.

I would never, however, say something like, "some room for negotiating". Instead, I enjoy the chess match that ensues.

I have had experiences with owners who barely budge off their BIN - like upwards of 90% - and I almost never make those purchases.

I'm sure my emotional method has me frequently paying more than I could, but, at least with the back and forth, I get the illusion that I'm saving some money- and I can live with that.

That's my 2 cents worth...but my OBO is a penny and a half.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 02-15-2017 at 05:06 PM.