View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 10:27 PM
Jonathan Weil
Jon.than We.il

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Hi Geno

I checked out my SOVEREIGN set and my count is 483.

The Chance (red portrait) card with a SOVEREIGN 350 back has been claimed to exist. However, I don't have it; and, I have not seen it.

If anyone on this forum has this card with a SOVEREIGN 350 back, please chime in.

Thanks.

TED Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
No not really. I don't know if the Cards you pointed out exist or if they're data entry errors but even if they are with the thousands of entries a couple of mistakes doesn't
undermine the credibility of all the confirmations in my eyes. I have confirmed several cards with Tim And Jim (for transparency purposes Jim is a friend of mine)
and they have always asked for front and back scans of the card(s) before confirming them.

When dealing with high volume data I don't believe error free
is a feasible expectation. The pop reports are full of errors.
Attachment 264152
You patently misstated what I wrote. I didn't say the known errors "undermine the credibility of all the confirmations." I said they undermine
the credibility of all supposed confirmations on T206 Resource where the existence of the card hasn't been independently verified by other third parties. And it's true. If I can see with my own eyes that T206 Resource classifies the Sov 350 forest green Clarke portrait as both "confirmed" and "probable no print" in different places on different checklists, and there's no other evidence that the card exists, that undermines the reliability and credibility of T206 Resource's confirmation of that card and any other purported Sov 350 forest green card for which there is no independent corroboration -- such as the Chance red portrait and the Chesbro.

Last edited by HobokenJon; 03-05-2017 at 09:22 AM.